What Information Do We Collect?
The Information Collected About You
When you provide the following type of your personal information in connection with our rental or brokerage business from our website or by other means and locations.
- Your full name, contact details, date of birth, full driving licence details and emergency contact information
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rental, type of rental and location of vehicle when not in use
- We acknowledge and record your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys or promotional offers
- Photographic evidence that you submit of your driving licence, receipts or other documentation to support your rental or brokerage application
- Financial information that is necessary to facilitate your rental such as bank statement
- Proof of address, your employer (general contact information) and your insurance provider (general contact and policy documentation).
- Potential franchisees, who provide us information regarding your rental requirements.
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you), and marketing providers (information to support us to better connect our products and services).
Vehicle Operations and Location Data – Telematics
All our vehicles are equipped telematics systems sometimes referred to as trackers
Some or all Telematics System functionality will be active during your rental contract.
What are Telematics systems used for and why do we need them?
- Location information for the vehicle at all times
- To record any accident notification and related accident data
- Vehicle condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of our vehicle
- Driver behavioural information “Telematics Data” as permitted by law.
- Telling your insurance company that our vehicle has a telematics device might help lower your insurance premium
There may be other telematics systems in use other than as fitted by RAM Automotive Ltd. RAM Automotive Ltd procures vehicles from a variety of providers and original manufacturer of the vehicle. (Audi, Hyundai, Renault & Nissan etc)
To view what manufacturers might collect visit the relevant Vehicle Manufacturers page.
RAM Automotive Ltd aren’t responsible for any data or documentation that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and you must wipe it before you return the vehicle to us.
Telematics Data will be shared with emergency service providers and the police, insurance companies who assist in responding to an accident or any traffic offences. In addition it might be necessary to share with telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect from or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
- To enable us to enter into a contract with you for our goods and services
- To enable the transactions that you request, such as reserving, renting, purchasing or financing vehicles.
- To provide customer services connected to your exchanges with us or to respond to your enquiry.
- To meet the requirements of our financing and vehicle providers
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, as itemised below, and where our interests are not in conflict with your data protection rights and are GDPR compliant, including
- To communicate important information about your rental. These communications, which are transactional in nature, will be sent to you via email or SMS.
- To aid us in providing more targeted, up to date products and services: for example, continually train our staff, to assess our providers and to help us improve our websites, facilities and service offering.
- To compile statistics and analysis about how customers use our website and products and services. These statistics are used to improve business performance and effective cost management
- Over time your interactions with us will be used to better target offers and services that meet your needs and past interactions with RAM Automotive Ltd
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and our vehicle assets.
- We maintain (DNR) Do Not Rent lists of customers that are non-payment or safety risks and share with the BVLRA
- To share your information with third parties for fraud prevention and protect our business interests, rights, privacy, safety and property or that of the public. This enables us do to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. fixed penalty notices for driving offences) and for claims processing purposes.
- To share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue unpaid bills and to enforce our terms and conditions
- We may also disclose your information to third parties if the rights of another individual may be violated.
- Where necessary for us to comply with a legal requirement, including
- To share information about your vehicle’s location with emergency services in the event that you are involved in a traffic accident or traffic offence/s
- To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, requirements or requests.
- Where you have given permission, including but not limited to
- To assist us in providing you with the most appropriate vehicles, that suit your financial situation or any health issues
- To enable us to use telematics device for the purposes of tracking mileage, location theft and to alert us if the telematics systems has been removed or tampered
- To send you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, for example on social media
- To send you text messages in order to provide you with time sensitive communications related to your transaction
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as you are a registered customer and using our services, we then follow GDPR rules and legal requirements
- Marketing purposes: We keep data linked to cookies and other online identifiers for up to three years. We keep other marketing for up to 5 years
- Rental transactions: We keep the data associated with your rental agreement for up to 7 years from the date of the rental, subject to other local legal requirements. We keep records of payments you have made for 2 years from the date of the
- Customer service-related queries: We keep general queries for 3 years, unless you make a complaint, in which case, we keep complaints data for 5 years.
- Disputes & law enforcement: Any involvement in litigation or a governmental regulatory investigation, then we keep data throughout the period of litigation / investigation then for a further 5years.
- If we provide data to law enforcement agencies then we keep this data for 1 year after closure of the case
Who Do We Share Information With?
Our Service Providers & Business Partners
We will share your information with third parties, such as
- Payment, administrative and technical support providers or our insurance replacement, or partners to facilitate the rental transaction
- Companies that may conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf
- Any communication providers that we use to send marketing or service-related communication to you on behalf of RAM Automotive Ltd
- Debt collection agency in the event of non-payment
- Claims processors
- Our advertising, marketing partners, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf, to analyse the data analytics to better target our customers with our goods and services (subject to GDPR where applicable)
- RAM Automotive Ltd Vehicle providers
- Government authorities upon a verified approach to RAM Automotive Ltd
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganisation or assignment of all or part of RAM Automotive Ltd businesses or assets. In the unlikely event of this you will be given 30 days notice that there will be a change of ownership and will follow all legal requirements and safe guards
We may post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain personal information. This will be done with your consent and managed in-house with your full participation.