Short-term leasing means that you lease the car for as little as 1 month but the correct industry term is long-term car rental. These agreements typically stand for 2, 3, or 6-months in the UK. You initially pay for the first 28 days with the rest of the payments like damage, etc. and you keep the car for anywhere up to 24 months or 2 years. Each provider will offer slightly different terms. You set a pre-agreed number of monthly payments that will be made and then the car becomes yours.
To break the idea down into simpler terms, you can say that a short-term lease is a contract you enter with a leasing company or a dealership and pay for part of the value of the vehicle for a limited time period. The difference between short-term and long-term leasing is that a short-term lease lasts for 2 years or less, while a long-term can last up to 5 years. A 6-month car lease in the UK is better known as long-term car rental and offers a range of benefits.
Typical Short-term Leasing Scenarios
A short-term lease a.k.a. long-term car rental is ideal for many people and businesses for their specific situations because of how flexible it is. Some of the possible scenarios it might be suitable for are:
- If you have bought a new vehicle and for some reason, it is taking a long time to get to you, then hiring a short-term car lease might be suited for you.
- If you have little to no credit history.
- If you are scared to make long-term commitments such as buying a car, then a short-term lease might be right up your alley.
- If your business has hired new staff and you are unsure if you want to commit or not.
Benefits of Short-term car Leasing / Long-term car Rental in the UK
Short-term car leasing comes with a lot of benefits. Let’s discuss each of these benefits to better understand short-term car leasing.
- You don’t have to be bound in a long-term agreement and you have great flexibility with the duration of the car lease.
- You can lease a car for both personal and business purposes.
- You can access a wide range of car models.
- It is cheaper than renting a car daily.
- You don’t have to put down a large down payment and you pay low monthly payments for leasing / renting the car.
- The amount you have to pay in monthly payments is prefixed so you know how much you have to pay each month.
- You get a full manufacturer’s warranty and breakdown cover.
- Your car is less likely to break down in short-term leases since the car is thoroughly checked before you lease it and you only have it for a short period of time.
- You can also lease another vehicle after the lease on your car expires and it no longer serves your needs.
- When you bring the car back to the company, you are expected to return it in the same condition you received it, but the longer you have the car the more damage it may experience. A 6-month car leasing in the UK is ideal for short-term leasing.
Car Leasing Special Offers
RAM Automotive offers a variety of different vehicles catered towards different kinds of people. If you are looking for some special offers that span either 24 months or less, then here are some offers that are provided by our company:
- Kia Xceed 1.0T GDi is manual and costs £499 monthly.
- A Seat Arona 1.0 TSI 115 F that you only have to pay £475 for monthly.
- Kia Niro 1.6T-Gdi Hybrid 2 5dr DCT is automatic and only costs £699 monthly.
- Renault Clio 1.3 TCE (130 BPH) – Line Trim is a manual economy car and costs £299 monthly.
Short Term Leasing – Key FAQs
1. Who is able to get a short-term car lease?
A short-term car lease is available for people who own a valid driving license and have a credit rating. The company will first need to check your credit strength and risk status. After that is done, you follow some other steps such as signing the documents and contract to ensure the deal is completed.
People who don’t have a good credit score can still get a car leased by using a funder that specialises in helping people with unstable credit scores.
2. How to apply for a short-term lease?
Applying for a short-term lease is as simple as completing your details on a short-term car lease website. First, you visit the website and find models available for short-term leasing and select your car from the list. After your initial inquiry, the company will connect the client with one of the leasing consultants. These consultants will guide the clients from the car selection, all the way until the clients receive their desired cars.
3. What counts as vehicle damage?
Vehicle damage is classified as anything beyond the usual wear and tear terms, that a car would normally incur from typical use. You should view the wear and tear policies of the company you are planning to lease a car from before the deal goes through so that you know about the policies beforehand. Each company has a different policy and you should use it to estimate what will be considered acceptable wear and tear. If the damage exceeds the amount mentioned in the policy, then it should be repaired before the vehicle is returned.
1. Do car dealerships do 6-month leases?
Yes, you can get a 6-month car rental in the UK. You can get as little as a 1-month car lease in the UK and also for a 12-month lease in the UK.
2. Can you lease a used car for 6-months?
It is possible to lease a used car for 6 months, but they can be more difficult to find. You can call and ask dealerships as vehicles will vary depending on age and availability from supplier to supplier.
3. Can you hire a car for 3-months?
Yes, 3-month car hire is possible from a variety of providers online and you can have a car within 7 days. The cost of the monthly payment increases for the shorter contracts and the longer you rent, the more you save.
4. What is the cheapest way to rent a car long-term?
Long-term leasing is cheaper than shorter contracts and RAM Automotive has a variety of options for long-term car rental. Most dealerships offer long-term deals that can drastically cut down the cost.